- - 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- - 2 tablespoons butter
- - 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- - 1 loaf crusty bread, split
- - 3 tablespoons grated cheese, Parmigiano or Romano, optional
- - Chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Combine garlic, butter, and oil in a microwave safe dish or in a small saucepan.
- 2. Heat garlic and butter and oil in microwave for 1 minute or in a small pot over moderate-low heat for 3 minutes.
- 3. Toast split bread under broiler.
- 4. Remove bread when it is toasted golden brown in color. Brush bread liberally with garlic oil. Sprinkle with cheese, if using, and parsley.
- 5. If you added cheese, return to broiler and brown 30 seconds. Cut into chunks and serve